Before I even started high school I was developing basic HTML websites in note pad and Dreamweaver. My father owned his own website design SEO company at the time which inspired me to learn more about the industry.
My first website was a GoldenEye 007 cheats and guide (Sorry it no longer exists). To further my education, I took a basic website design class in freshman year of high school. As my father grew his business using white hat SEO techniques I directed my focus specifically on learning the ins and outs of SEO.
I witnessed my father build a multi-million dollar lead generation company in the education industry. Throughout my high school years, I worked along side him creating a directory of high schools for every state in the country. I spent an entire summer looking up every school I could find and manually entered them on the website using Dreamweaver. This directory alone contributed over 30% of traffic to the site. I was also responsible for managing the on-page SEO for thousands of static and dynamic HTML pages. The company was extremely successful in its peak. That experience of success showed me the potential of white hat SEO and motivated me to create a website for my SEO company, Deerstone Development, in Dreamweaver. Since then, I have increased my knowledge of website design on WordPress to design beautiful SEO ready websites. It would have saved me a lot of time and energy if I had started using WordPress sooner.
So what do you need to create a fully SEO optimized website?
The most important thing to remember is SEO takes time, beginning with in-depth keyword research on the topics you plan to create content about. You must understand your target audience and know what kind of keyword phrases they use to find similar websites as your own. Building a keyword list is helpful so you can refer back to it as you write content for your webpages. Creating an ideal SEO optimized URL structure from the beginning is a vital part of the process. As well as reducing the number of 301 redirects needed (by performing SEO research) before making your website indexable to the search engines.
A Successful SEO campaign consists of about 60% research and planning, 20% on-page SEO, 30% off-page SEO.
You will need the following products to set up an SEO ready website for personal or business purposes.
WordPress is powerful! Love it or hate it, it’s here to stay!
SEO experts love WordPress because it is proven to be the best CMS choice! Some people may find reasons to dislike it. However, those who have a deep understanding of SEO already, understand what is required to achieve lasting results. After using WordPress for yourself, you will see how much time and money can be saved building website using the WordPress CMS.
Now let’s discuss the pros and cons of WordPress.
- WordPress is free and gives you complete control of your website.
- It gives you access to add-ons, and plugins to extend your website. This resource allows you to make create the website of your dreams.
- You are in charge of your website, so you can keep it simple and only add new features as your website grows. You can optimize your website for speed use, free SEO tools to attract new users.
- Super easy to customize with thousands of website designs and templates to choose from. Each of them comes with different customization options, allowing you to create truly unique websites. Simply put, it makes website building easy.
- Due to its popularity, almost all popular third-party tools already have integrations available for WordPress. So your email marketing software, lead generation tool, SEO tools, CRM software, and payment gateways will all work with WordPress.
- You are in charge of your website. This means you are also responsible for security, making backups, and installing updates. You can automate all these tasks, but they would still require your attention unless you’re using one of these managed WordPress hosting companies.
- WordPress does not come with a built-in drag and drop website builder. It takes some time for most beginners to get familiar with it and learn the basics. However, you can use one of the popular drag and drop page builder plugins for WordPress.
- You do not need to learn coding to use WordPress. However, some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS will make things a lot easier. Most beginners acquire these basic skills as they use WordPress.
Developing Websites With WordPress
I will always remember the feeling I had after creating my first website design on WordPress. I was overwhelmed at first, perplexed by all the available options to me. It took a bit of time to understand the basics on how to edit pages, posts, menus and widgets. But once I understood the power of WordPress and how much time and money I could save on SEO related tasks, I knew that it was going to be the future of all my website design projects. So I started to create websites for my clients using different themes and plugins, finding the fastest and most SEO friendly combination.
And then WordPress notified the public of a brand new user experience that would solve many ongoing security and page loading issues…..
A lot has happened since WordPress 5.0 was launched on November 27th 2018. All of the websites my company designed prior to WordPress 5.0 had their SEO negatively impacted. At the time, all of my WordPress sites and themes using the classic editor no longer worked and I could not edit anything. It was a nightmare, to say the least! WordPress created a patch allowing the classic editor to be used. This was a temporary fix, allowing web developers time to update older themes to be compatible with the WordPress new Gutenberg block editor.
After this major update, I decided it was time for me to take the time and energy to learn about the new Gutenberg editing experience and truly embrace the future of WordPress. As soon as I redesigned a select few websites using the Gutenberg block editor I noticed an increase in organic SEO keyword rankings.
It’s true that the block editor is completely different and if you are used to the classic editor you will need to relearn the basics. If you have never used WordPress before, now is the best time to learn! WordPress has become the most cost-efficient way to build a fully SEO optimized website with all the tools necessary for long-lasting SEO results.
SEO For WordPress Websites has never been easier to manage.
The most important part of SEO is having fast hosting and the ability to fully control of every aspect of your website. The best SEO for WordPress websites all starts by creating pages/posts with zero technical SEO errors. Here are some of the most commonly missed SEO errors:
- Title tag too long or missing keep under 60 characters
- Meta description too long or missing keep under 150 characters
- H1 missing only use one time. Use H2-H6 as many times as needed.
- Missing Focus keyword add to the first paragraph of website content
- Focus keyword missing from Image ALT tags
- Un-Compress HTML and Un-Optimized Images and videos files.
Why Should I Use Astra WordPress Theme?
Officially the fastest WordPress theme in today’s market, extremely lightweight and fully customizable with any website builder, Astra is your best WordPress theme option. Not a web designer… No worries! We can help set everything up for you.
If you are experiencing a significant drop in organic traffic to your WordPress website and you are still using the classic editor, you might consider redesigning your website completely with the Astra WordPress theme.
After updating my websites to the Astra theme using the Gutenberg block editor, I immediately saw an increase in organic SEO rankings across the board, every website updated began to see an increase in organic SEO rankings. The Gutenberg block can be difficult to use at first, but once you get the hang of it, you can literally build anything seamlessly without the need for any third party website page builder.
So I finally decided to update Deerstone Development using Astra pro and was able to address some on-page SEO issues I needed to fix. Below are the results of switching WordPress themes and updating my websites on-page SEO with the correct keywords as well as acquiring backlinks to important pages within my website.
After updating the Deerstone Development website in March 2019, I have seen a 6 times increase in organic keyword rankings in the last 4 months.
Deerstonedevelopment.com Ahref audit report date August 26, 2019.
SEO Rankings Update
Deerstonedevelopment.com Ahref audit report date September 10, 2019.
Looking For Managed WordPress Hosting?
If you purchase managed WordPress hosting from Deerstone Development you will receive 5% discount off any website design or SEO related services.
Join The Conversation By Leaving A Comment Below
Registering on the site has never been more easy! With just one click you can register using your Facebook account or personal email address. You option matters please share it!